(Note: I do not like the name Casa ShimmerShine. Remind me to hold a contest in the near future to pick a new name for my house. I am thinking perhaps a riff on Superman's Fortress of Solitude, but because I am much more social than Superman I will call mine Fortress of Friendship and Good Times.)
My drill is pictured here! I was a little upset that he didn't come in purple but I am pleased that he looks quite manly. His name is HAL 9000. I named him after a film! Can you guess which one?? The answer is at the bottom of this post!
Here is a list of things I have drilled today:
- Several holes in my floor
- Some holes in the ceiling above my bed so that while I sleep I can bask in the sunshine (if I sleep during the day)
- Several squirrels
- My kitchen window (the glass shattered everywhere! Sometimes the strangest things happen that you would never predict and this was one of those times!!)
- A watermelon and a cantaloupe
- The telephone book. I know this seems odd but here is my reasoning. If I have a hole drilled all the way through my telephone book, I can sit outside on a park bench and pretend to be reading the telephone book but in actuality I am looking through the hole spying on everyone.
- Hee hee I was just joshing you about the squirrels! I would never really hurt my squirrel friends.
HAL 9000 is of course named after the film Shallow HAL, a most funny romp starring Jack Black. It teaches us that looks are not everything and that we should sometimes date fat people. I know I am planning to try this in the near future! I picked the number 9000 to add after HAL's name because it is the number you get if you multiply 30 and 300.